Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies

19:55



Hello there! Today I'm sharing with you guys, one of my favourite recipes for a simple and healthy cookie. It's quick, easy and healthy - I mean what more could you want. I've found myself snacking on these as a pre and post workout snack and it gives me lots of energy to keep me going as unlike cookies sold in grocery stores, it's beneficial for the body and isn't full of unnecessary sugars and fats. 


Makes 12 cookies

Ingredients: 
  • One tablespoon of cacao powder
  • 1 ¼ cup of oats
  • ⅔ cup of peanut butter 
  • 2 tablespoons of milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1 egg
  • Teaspoon of salt 
  • 3 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
  • Teaspoon of vanilla essence 
  • ½ cup of raisins or dark chocolate chips 
01. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius and aline a baking tray with parchment paper. 
02. Place oats in a food processor or blender until it turns into a flour consistency. 
03. Begin to mix together the dry ingredients - oats, cacao powder and salt. 
04. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients - peanut butter, milk, honey, vanilla essence and egg (whisked). 
05. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix them both together. 
06. After they are well mixed together, pour in the raisins and mix again.  
07. Scoop one tablespoon of mixture into your hand and roll it into a ball. Place the ball on the baking tray and squash it down with a fork. Repeat with all the mixture. 
08. Place it into the oven for 8 minutes. Then take it out to cool for 15. 

Enjoy!




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks delicious :)

    cactiandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, if you're a fan of peanut butter or chocolate you'll love it !

      Delete

Subscribe